Enjoy your chance to play the fastest ball sport in the world - Now available here on the NSW Central Coast!
Your start-up Coach is Martin Gostelow, a vastly experienced trainer of equestrian students, producing elite level riders for over 20 years. Along with competing at national-level showjumping and mid-level polo he is now offering introductory polo lessons.
SyllabusA Step by Step Introduction to Polo
Depending on the experience of the participant, the proposed timetable may fluctuate given the confidence level of the rider. Riders are encouraged to move forward with their polo skills in a strategically planned manner and at a pace that they are totally confident with.
The methodology employed by Martin Gostelow is to take beginner/novice level players to intermediate in the most direct route possible, yet leaving no area of basic training uncovered. The tuition of pupils for Polo at Somersby Park is ultimately to have riders capable of stepping onto a full size polo pitch for the first time with knowledge and confidence in abundance!
Sequence of Training10 Point Plan
- Step 1. Make assessment of riders ability.
- Step 2. Consequently format plan and time frame for polo direction.
- Step 3. For Novice level, the following is recommended- spend time in the indoor arena on Equestrian type horse refining riding abilities.
- Step 4. Spend time on Equestrian style horse refining riding skills plus incorporation of specific polo exercises.
- Step 5. Transfer to polo pony in the indoor arena - now learning the game, the game skills and imparting the theory of polo into practical know how.
- Step 6. Transfer to polo pony in the indoor arena complete with polo mallett and full polo gear & ably hitting an arena polo ball (oversized polo ball ) at walk, trot and canter.
- Step 7. Train with polo pony in the outdoor arena hitting normal size ball at trot, canter and fast canter all with control and safety.
- Step 8. Now in position to move to full size polo pitch (i.e. the size of 3 football fields) available at Wirragulla Polo Club, Dungog, NSW - 1.5hours north of Gosford - where practice matches are availble. (Martin Gostelow is committee member & active player of Wirragulla Polo Club)
- Step 9. Enjoy your first full sized hit of polo.
- Step 10. Equally enjoy cold refreshment as you recall your adrenilin pumped accomplishments!
- 1 hour private Polo lesson on school horse (Equestrian type) - $85+GST
- 1 hour group (max 2) Polo lesson on school horses (Equestrian type) - $75+GST each
- 1 hour private lesson on Polo pony, includes pony hire, polo gear and mallets - $105+GST
- 1 hour group (max 2) on Polo ponies, includes pony hire, polo gear and mallets - $95+GST
For more information on our Polo Teams, please contact us.